The second beta version of coverage.py 3.6 is ready. There are only a few changes:
- Coverage.py runs on Python 2.3 and 2.4 again. It was broken in 3.6b1.
- The C extension is optionally compiled using a different more widely-used technique, taking another stab at fixing issue 80 once and for all.
- Combining data files would create entries for phantom files if used with source and path aliases. It no longer does.
- debug sys now shows the configuration file path that was read.
- If an oddly-behaved package claims that code came from an empty-string filename, coverage.py no longer associates it with the directory name, fixing issue 221.
I’m not planning any more changes for v3.6. Try this and let me know if you find any problems.