I hadn't planned on doing a third beta of Coverage.py, but two things happened:
- I changed a number of details about the programmatic interface, and so wanted to get a little more verification that it's right.
- I discovered that the beta 2 kits weren't complete: the brand-new HTML reporting feature wouldn't work because the files were missing from the kit. Ugh.
Significant changes in coverage.py since v2.x:
- HTML reports and annotation of source files: use the new -b (browser) switch. Thanks to George Song for code, inspiration and guidance.
- The trace function is implemented in C for speed. Coverage runs are now much faster. Thanks to David Christian for productive micro-sprints and other encouragement.
- Code in the Python standard library is not measured by default. If you need to measure standard library code, use the -L switch during execution.