Damien tagged me with a blog meme to tell five things people don’t know about you.
- I grew up in Manhattan. Many people can’t understand raising kids in a city, but I thought it was great. I got around the city by myself on the subway, or by just walking a lot.
- I didn’t have a driver’s license until after I was married. This is partially a result of #1.
- As a teenager, I attended Farm & Wilderness, a Quaker camp in Vermont. I think it contributed a lot to my personality, and taught me the value of sincerity.
- My real name is Edward. No, I don’t know where the N comes from. Ever wonder why Senator Edward Kennedy is called Ted? These things just happen. I am named after both of my grandfathers, who were both Edwards, but my mother hated the nickname Eddie, so she started me off with Ned, and it has served me well.
- The backs of my hands have a number of small scars where my autistic son has scratched my hand in anger. I’m of two minds about this: it bothers me a lot when it happens, but I am also proud of the fact that I stay in his face anyway.