I just came back from seeing Matrix Reloaded. Thoughts:
- The special effects were amazing. Even knowing that the burly brawl was synthetic, I couldn’t tell. They did a fabulous job.
- The movie had the same bipolar feel as the first: scenes were either extended over-the-top fighting action scenes, or quiet talky philosophical scenes with not that much in between.
- I’d like to see more of Persephone and less of Merovingian.
- It’s a good thing Matrix Revolutions is coming out in only six months, because this movie is too much of a cliff-hanger for a longer interval.
- The ending credits are very long, but a trailer for Matrix Revolutions awaits you if you sit through them.
- If you go to see a movie with four 11-year-olds, be prepared to miss at least two chunks of the movie, as you take different kids for bathroom breaks!
- A funny light-hearted spoof of the original: Laid-Off.