|Ned Batchelder : Blog | Code | Text | Site|
Updates to commenting system
» Home : Blog : December 2004
While I was trying to debug the problem with my old host, I got back into my commenting code, and while I was in there, I made a few upgrades. Now URLs are auto-linked, and the problem with fancy HTML entities losing their specialness during preview was fixed. There's also some simple-minded spam prevention that's been in there for a few weeks (it's just a blacklist of words, but it works for me so far).
Actually, I'm a little flattered that my system is getting any comment spam. I would have thought the spammers would rely on details of widely-used blogging and commenting systems to write their bots. Since my blog and comment system is entirely home-grown, some filthy spammer must have specially coded for this site. Sweet of them to have thought of me.